Friday 2 January 2009

Jazz Weaving

Yes you read the title right, Jazz is actually weaving. As most of you know Jazz has had serious confidence issues with Agility. I must admit I was ready to leave her Agility and stick with Obedience, but today I had a change of heart.

I went into the garden (trying to be confident with her) and well.... what can I say.... SHE WEAVED. Jazz was whining with excitment!! I have never seen her so happy doing Agility since we first started.

I know it was only weaving and not Contacts & Jumps etc... But for the past 6 months she hasn't even been able to attempt the weaves. So as you can imagine I am one EXTREMELY happy dog owner right now!

Seeing her enjoy herself this afternoon has made me determined to stick out her Agility training (through thick and thin) I know its not going to be easy, its going to be very difficult and could take along time, but I am willing to stick it out with her.

I am going to do 1-2-1 training with her, without any trainers or anyone else just me and Jazz. This way I hope to slowly build her confidence.

I will keep the blog updated on her training.


Here is the video of Jazz weaving...

2 comments:

Lee Gibson Training said...

Hey Lucinda,

Well done on your progress, keep it up.

Nice blog + vidoes even if it takes me a while to view them!!

Regards

Lee

LGT

Sophie said...

thats reli gd :) i hope she does get
into agility agen .. she was amazing at it and soo quick lol